Friday, April 25, 2008

Senior Project Planning Idea _ The Gnome Hunter!

Hey all! I know I said every other day. I have failed you all! But guess what, all will be well, I'm posting some concept sketches for my Senior Project Planning class. Let me give you all a little back-story on what I'm doing here so you'll understand the concepts a little better. (I know concepts need to speak for themselves, but I have to at least you give you the setup)

So the whole idea of the class is to find a project that you would essentially get portfolio pieces out of to show potential employers. The direction you decide to go in should reflect which type of company you'd want to get employed by. In other words, the thought process would be that fantasy, low-poly, painted textures done really well might land you a job with Blizzard. I personally don't know where I want to work, I have no real dream job, other than working for EA on the FIFA series.

With that being said, I went with my favorite genre, Hi-Fantasy. I'm going to try to keep it hyper realistic though with the style of modeling & texturing. My Idea is to do a Big Game Gnome Hunter's trophy room / den. His little house is made inside the trunk of a tree high in the canopy where he spot animals on the ground from his balcony with his telescope. Once spotted he then uses the harpoons guns to zip cord from branch to branch down the tree, or hops onto one of his hang gliders and hunts the animal this way. Back inside of his den the gnome has all of his hunting equipment, and pieces of animals he's hunted from around the area. Such as a rattlesnake head, a giant wasp head, a lizard claw, a scorpions tale, a rhino beetle carapace, just to name a few. Some Ideas my teacher has given me was to have cages in which the hunter has captured a few animals as well outside where the hang gliders are. Also to put more windows in the room to show that its a tree, this might changes the shape of my room a little, so the concepts you are seeing are just preliminarily sketches.

Environment Concepts


Prop Concepts

No comments: