Friday, April 6, 2007

THE NEW QUARTER

So the new quarter has started form Art Institute. I currently am taking 4 classes, which I gotta say are pretty cool.

Class one: 3D modeling and animation a 3ds max class where we will be taking the concept of one of 5 D&D monsters and build a model from it. Choices are: Koa-Toa (frog dude), Jackalwere (jackal that turns into a human unlike the werewolf that a human turns into a wolf), Githyanki (humanoid with a fishy face) Bugbear (humanoid badger + bear look), and last but not least there’s the Minotaur (bull + human)

I just thought I would put that there in great detail to see what everyone thought about what I should model. I personally wanna do the Minotaur in some sweet battle armor. (before anyone comments on what I should do, let it be known there are guide lines, and these models should stay in the realm of D&D and not stray at all from what they really are or who they are).

The other classes are: Storyboard for Animation (I really am interested in this stuff, so I’m excited), Organic and Hard Surface modeling (seems like a intro to MAYA class), and the last is Magic and Rituals (the anthropology of Magic and Rituals).

I'll leave this post with a few renders of the first assignment from Organic and Hard Surface Modeling. Basically just had to do a quick spaceship, it is from one of my favorite shows, Battlestar Galatica (the new one).


No comments: